Friday, 23 March 2012

20th-23rd March: Editing

I spent the majority of this week finalizing the editing for my film. As most of the more advanced editing, such as the actual titles, were already finished, I only had to put the actual film next to the titles, and make the transition between the black screen and the animated scene flow seamlessly. 

Monday, 19 March 2012

19th March: Filming

Over the weekend I completed the main body of the filming for my title sequence. I think that it went pretty successfully as I got all of my required film and a variety of shots and angles. In hindsight, i do think that I should have used the tripod less, and used more exciting angles. However, i still think that it came out very well. 


Friday, 16 March 2012

16th March: Camera Booking and Blog Update

Today I went to book my camera to film the introduction to my Title Sequence over the weekend. This involved leaving a deposit to be able to take the camera outside of the school grounds. This is required as my setting is in a different location. I also spent the remainder of the lesson updating my blog, as i found that there were a few missing posts here and there. 

Thursday, 15 March 2012

15th March: More Titles

Today i carried on working on my actual titles. I found a way around the problem of their lack of depth. By placing the exact same title with the same motion, underneath the normal title, but making it white and placing it ever so slightly to the bottom right of the previous title, i created an opposite shadow effect over the black background, making the titles feel overall less 2 dimensional. 

Wednesday, 14 March 2012

14th March: Still Titles

Still working on the title animation, and editing it into my background. As I have said, I want the first bulk of my titles to be much simpler than the error messages that will appear later on, and this involves creating simple scrolling titles to fall from the screen. However I have encountered a variety of problems linked to this, for example, the fact that I already have a black background with white text means that I cannot use black or white text, nor can I have the titles scroll anywhere that already has scrolling text. 

Tuesday, 13 March 2012

13th March: Titles; Last Touches

All that needs to be done now is to add these titles straight into my background animation. This shouldn't prove to be too difficult, however i may have to edit some of the titles in Final Cut in order to make them fully compatible with my background and the slight animation that is already in my title sequence. 

Monday, 12 March 2012

12th March: LiveType Titles

I have now figured out how to effectively make use of LiveType, the software that is used to create animated titles and text for film. I have made a good selection of default titles, which can be easily edited to incorporate different pieces of text. I just need to add these into my animated background and then i will be very near to completing my animated half of the titles. 

Friday, 9 March 2012

9th March: LiveType

I have now grasped an average understanding of how to use LiveType, and the skills needed to use it and create more advanced titles. I have used a simple motion, just scrolling, rather than a fancier transition. I think that this makes it more simplistic, and stops it looking too tacky.

Thursday, 8 March 2012

8th March: New Titles

After finishing these improvised titles, I tested them and found out that they did not actually come out to a good standard, and were quite glitchy at some parts. To fix this i chose to create a new set of titles, by using a completeley different piece of software, called 'LiveType'. This a programme made entirely to create titles, which means that I was able to use a much more varied palette of titles and transitions. I will play around with this programme and hopefully create some much better titles.

Wednesday, 7 March 2012

7th March: Work on Scrolling Titles

I started making a series of titles that scroll down from the top of the screen for the main bulk of the titles, as i do not have the time to make photoshopped images for every title in the production. This involved using software on Final Cut to make the titles scroll. 

Tuesday, 6 March 2012

6th March: Piecing Together

Today i used my time to add my transitioned titles into my background screen. This took a lot of work however the final piece looks very good in my opinion. This involved adding the two components of my non live action part and ensuring that they were well in sync. 

Monday, 5 March 2012

5th March: Title Animation

I have spent the lesson collecting the various titles that i have, and editing them into my background sequence. This involves using a variety of effects to create customized transitions in ways that look like error messages being strewn across a screen. 

Friday, 2 March 2012

2nd March: Background Complete/Work on Titles

I have completed the background scrolling text, and it has worked to good effect. I think that it really adds to the technological genre of my title sequence, and looks quite professional. I have also started work on my main titles, which are made up of photoshopped images, which have had the information for each title added onto them. 

Thursday, 1 March 2012

1st March: Further Work on Background

I have spent today working on the background scrolling text, which needs a bit of small editing to be perfected. I think that once it is fully completed it will turn out to be very good.